Saturday, November 08, 2008
Newfoundland
Separate the word from its meaning, separate the love from its object, act on air, breathe on sound, move in the gaps: This is how things feel when things work. Forget intention, it's more like turning the lock off on an electronic device. Like removing the plastic that separates the metal from the battery. I had a bike wreck today and didn't mind, spent hours playing with a basic calculator, had a non-hangover hangover with no headache, thought in the language of piano keys even though I don't play the piano. Today ugly colors were prettier than pleasing ones. Today I washed my hair and felt the sand from a long-ago beach visit wash out of it. Today everyone I met thought he had already seen me. Today blame was impossible because I would have welcomed blame. (I would have been happy to have caused any chaos.) Today I was excited about the full eclipse in 2024. Today I was washed up like dry fish bones. Today you could eat right out of the packaging, today you could just-add-water, today subway moms were priests, today was Obamaland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment