is where my apartment door is located in Philadelphia. But on a more positive note, we are down the street from both $2 pizza Lorenzo's and $4 falafel pita Maoz, so I'm keeping fed. Me and Tim, my roommate, who's studying to become a CSI-style psychic or something like that. Thanks for the pictures of the bullet wounds, man, that hit the spot when we were studying over chai tea ... But at least we have our pimp leather couch and loveseat, which I picked up the other day from a factory outlet joint in West Philly. "Ah yeah buddy, I got just the living room set for YOU, yeah, how bout it?"
Hard to remember everything that's happened in the month since I got here. I'll save the school stories for later (yes, I'm 26, and yet still calling around on my cell phone looking to borrow "whatever book it is we're supposed to read for tommorrow.") It's cool though. Honestly, what a great life, reading and thinking and writing sometimes. Sometime the working world is going to figure out how good we've got it and they'll put an end to stipends and tenures and all the rest.
Highlights of Philly life include the Fringe Festival a few weeks ago (where I saw a bunch of interesting theater and other stuff) and the surprise dinner we through for my mom's 50th birthday (my brother, sister, and sister-in-law flew up in secret ... mom and Mary Beth were doing a Northeast driving tour). What else? I've been out a few times, once winding up with some Irish guys sleeping on my floor. I saw a presentation on transcendental meditation with David Lynch. I did the antiwar march in DC (w/ Mom). And I took a trip to Houston to catch up with Jose and others, and to see the Gente de Teatro play. And climb trees drunk. But what's a trip w/o that? Oh. I managed to fall and whack the hell out of my knee (separate incident), but it looks to be no big deal and I'll be back on the bike next week. In the meantime it's fun to meet people on the bus. Last week I saw Ellen for the first time in a long time (excluding one chance meeting on the street) and Monday I'll catch up with a couple of friends from college, Dan & Josh, who I haven't seen maybe in the whole 4+ years.
However ... I am sick as a dog, so I am going to "hit the sack" right now. I kind of feel like shit actually. Will see the doc in the a.m.
Friday, October 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment