So my dearth of publishing these past few months is due to the fact that I took an A.M. job teaching two classes at Ursinus, at the same time as I'm taking some of my hardest seminars at Penn. The Ursinus kids are cool ... not much like Rice kids, but I can work with them. As usual, SPAN 102 has very few students who actually intend on pursuing the Humanities, so it's my privilege to impart upon them ... my version of EVERYTHING! Right on.
Otherwise, life is just work and excessive amounts of cranberry juice, waiting to see if I can get more cloudy impurities drained through my piss. A couple of weeks ago, I went to NYC to see Wilson and Carrie. They are working for artists, so we go to go to an opening an after-party in Chelsea. On the previous trip I also caught up with Jake from Houston, who has an amazing pad across the street from David Letterman, and I met Isabel Amarante, an interesting girl from the grad program at Columbia who was at the same Dirty Projectors concert in Brooklyn as we were. She's coming down to Philly in a couple of weeks and will introduce me to another New York group, the SilverJews.
In January I had a lot of fun. Threw 3 partys in three weekends, two up here, and the middle one down in Houston.
Some of my (nearly non-existent) free time has been taken up lately by real estate curiosity. Yes, I am considering buying here in Philadelphia. Hopefuly a triplex which I can rent out an use to cut my own rent when my income goes way down in the fall. I've been looking a lot in Fishtown, and old Irish Catholic neighborhood near downtown that is sandwhiched by some popular areas (Northern Liberties and Kensington) and is near the metro. Several artists live up there and some new collectives have sprung up. So maybe my bourgeois ass can be the first wave of some gentrification.
Today I bought some jeans with the Playboy bunnny embroidered on the right butt cheek. Why?
My girlfriend Ellen was accepted into the film school at Temple. 10% acceptance rate. Right on.
I got a job offer to teach a class at my alma mater Haverford College, which I'll have to turn down due to Penn teaching duties. But that was a feather in my cap.
Zack came up to Philly and we saw plenty of plastified penis at the Franklin Inbstitute's Body Worlds exhibit. I recommend.
The Roman numeral V comes from an open hand. X comes from two open hands, mirroring eachother. L comes from cutting the C in half. D comes from hald of the M (when it was still written in a way that looks similar to theta.)
I predict that assholes will win all the Oscars.
My Penn colleague Selma Feliciano Arroyo is suddenly getting married next Saturday at the Justice of the Peace. Should be an interesing Saturday afternoon party.
People can marry their first cousins in most U.S. states. A Venezuela girl who lives in my building and works as a therapist is condidering sleeping with her first cousin.
I gotta go pee bad.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment