I was dismayed to discover that the title of my blog now closely resembles the title of an awful-loooking new ABC series staring John Stamos. What's more, it concerns the adventures of an urban, single guy who thinks he's the shiz-nit, but is pressed with the need to settle down.
Hmm ... Philly has been emotionally intense. I did not get the girl, so to speak (& much to my dismay) so the next time I have some free time ... in about 2 months ... I'll have to sit down and ponder the ramifications for "where I go from here." I have about as little interest in meeting or dating someone as I ever have in my whole life. I'm ready to be single in the "ser" sense rather than the "estar" sense.
In the meantime, I was impressed with UPenn and I hope they give me an offer next week. In the next few days I'm going to move towards cave-dwelling as the over-arching focus of my life for the next 7 weeks or so becomes thesis (& teaching & sometimes Gente de Teatro). I decided to tell the improv guys that I need a little break, both to re-think my reasons for doing improv and the energy I bring to it, and to get some really pressing day-job business taken care of.
Philadelphia is beautiful right now, and my tour of neighborhoods two days ago really got me excited about living here. The most promising area seems to be the part of West Philly just north of Baltimore around 45th to 47th. Ellen and I had lunch at an Ethiopian place there and went in a couple of other African convinience stores. One guy gave us a rather long an usolicited explanantion of the use of dried fish in Liberian cuisine. He was a hoot; I loved it.
Well ... I gotta go catch the train ... in Houston this evening ...
Sunday, March 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment