Sunday, March 06, 2005
FreeDelFrippppia
Just got back from a party at Carlos Alonso's house. I have to say that all-in-all the interviews at UPenn seem to have gone well and everyone -- from Consuleo to Craig to Alan to Selma to Phil to all the professors impressed me very much, and I feel like I very much may come here if accepted. My conversation about things Chilean with Diedra was great ... I feel good about these people. I also was impressed with the 5th prong of the application process, which I will call the "Are you as big an alcoholic as we are?" litmus test. Beginning with the post-interview martini party yestersay, continuing to the italian restaurant yesterday night, then Vietanam in Chinatown this morning and finally the big party in Rittenhouse. The only downer was that on the way to lunch I was walking down Locust when an extremely sick-looking homeless man fell down a flight of stairs and landed literally at my feet. I tried to help him up and stay with him to make sure that he didn't have a concussion, but he was extremely large and also so sick --- either mentally or just inebriated --- that he could not communicate at all nor even hold his head up. I wasn't sure whether to call an ambulance or what, but finally I decided that he was not injured but just in his normal state of very, very bad off. He was nearby a couple of churches and I could get him sitting up straight, so I decided I'd just leave him there to cool off, but I wasn't really sure what to do. What can you do, i guess. I felt good that at least this is Philadelphia and there's actual sidewalk traffic, so probably someone will notice if his condition worsens. I felt pretty hopeless about it though ... his eyes were already an awful, awful color, as though he's already a drunk-to-dead goner. Anyway ... my life. I got some thesis work done Thursday, though of course I'm still well behind. And then there's Ellen. Well, there's where my eyes start to bleed into a color they shouldn't be. I'm very much in love, but I haven't made the right decisions in that department, and I may very well just be served a dessert that isn't exactly tiramisu. I'm working hard to summon the strength to do what's right ... to respect her and her current boyfriend and just be the best friend I can be. Her surgery is on Monday and I'm hoping it goes well, so that she won't be in too much pain this coming week. I know she's worried about it more than she wants to say. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the sleepness nights I've probably dealt to others. ... Philly is cold, but I like it. I want to be cleaned and sanitized ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment