Last night was so much fun ... and even though I had a lot of doubts/ criticisms/ wishes for myself, I was really inspired to be a part of the Leash and learn from these really intelligent guys (& gal). Also it was cool to meet the improvers from YUCC and ComedySportz, and (yes) to play a few short-form games, even though that's not something we normally do. Afterwards we went out for a beer and then (of course) for a little late-nite TapatÃa. For some reason it really disturbed me that the cheese that covers their burritos is Home Depot orange. I had seen it before, but this time somehow my homeostasis was affected.
This morning I did Dim Sum in Chinatown with Judd, Erica, Shoa (sp.?) & girlfiend, and Irina. Then we went to the Hong Kong market to buy some Chinese food, which I have been meaning to do for a long time. One big regret I have about Houston is that I've spent most of my time in white, black and hispanic neighborhoods & cuisines, and haven't taken advantage of the local Chinese, Vietnamese & Indian tourism possibilities. (I know, I'm starting to sound like Cecil Rhodes here.)
Plans for the day include making myself do some thesis work, some grading, & prepping for the American Colloquium tommorrow. I'll be in the LRC tonight, so maybe I can just feel better by promising myself I'll do a lot of shit then. I love how I'm planning the day ahead at 4 p.m. Getting some time in at the gym would be nice; I'm as soft as I've been in months.
Sunday, February 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment