Sunday, February 20, 2005

travel treasures

Saturday just couldn't be changed. It came out of the box yawning, wearing an old robe and a two-day beard, reaking of smoke and with a distant look in it's eyes. The drizzle and fog over Austin assured that it would be a lazy day ... it was probably 1:30 by the time Irina, Liza, & I had breakfast at Magnolia's. (We had a nice chat, though we were never quite able to establish the exact perameters of the standardized "one alarm, two alarm" scale for food spiciness). Later we blew a few hours in the "Home of Cultural Appropriation" Latin-American-themed gift shop Tesoros (@ 3rd & Congress), which I actually like quite a bit. Wilson & Carrie came back from San Antonio around dinnertime and we split the evening between coffee and Wilson's specialty, or Halitosis Pizza as I'll call it (garlic, onion, pepper, feta cheese, anything you can think of along those lines).

Irina and I made good time back to Houston this morning listening to "Dress Your Family in Courduroy and Denim," and even had time pick up Henny's birthday cake before I went to improv. Practice was good though I was a little sleepy. We have a show on Wed. Now I'm working at the LRC, digitizing some old Argentine TV programs for this anthropology prof who seems interesting enough but has such an anoying attitude that I can't stand her. Like she's looking for my validation that things she says about Argentina are cool. Oh well. Tonight's going to be a grading nightmare until god knows when ...

No comments: