1st of all ... thank you Alethea! She got me my gmail account (which I know nothing about, but the hipsters assure me is the coolest thing in the world). So buzz me at noblay@gmail.com.
2ndly, improv show tonight was grrrrreat! I didn't act, incidentally. We did this format that I saw the Wooden Nickel do in Austin on Friday: "Armando". Basically, one person does monologues and the team improvs off that. So, the serendipity part is that Ivan/The Leash decided to draw numbers at the top of the show and I was it. In our last-minute practice the sample number was 5 and the practice monologist was me ... and it came true ... the audience picked five and when I drew my card I was 5. Bad b/c I really wanted to improv in the scenes but good because I got to test out being emcee. So I told a series of stories from my life that were inspired by the scenes. And there couldn't have been a better milieu for such psychoanalist's couch spillage: I was inspired to tell stories that I had long since forgotten about. And it all came full circle ... I was able to tie them together in a meaningful way and I think the show had theme traction.
Afterwards we went out to Kennally's (add a few more n's and l's to that) ... slappped a few blokes and all that. Oh, shit, I gotta work on my thesis chapter. Tommorrow is DDDDD-day.
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to 2004, man.
I guess only being a year out of the loop is not so bad.
Whenever someone gets a digital camera, I say "welcome to 2002". Or they start a blog: "welcome to 2001". Or they get internet access: "welcome to 1996".
H.
Post a Comment