Monday, February 14, 2005
Dialing For Ellen
Tonight I got to talk to Ellen, my close friend from college, Chile, & beyond. Everytime I talk to her I get more evidence that she does in fact work for the coolest -- or at least most experimental -- middle school ever. Tommorrow they are taking a trip to Harrisburg to protest the cutting of funds for SEPTA (Philly's version of METRO). Plans are for me to spend a week plus with her up in Philadelphia in early March, which I'm really excited about. I also got a call from Paul Kasper, who spent all day at the beach ... what envy, though I am certainly too lazy to learn to surf myself. Later on it was a bite to eat with Andrea, who brought me a requested handbag from Colombia (that I still owe her for). We had a good talk. At the LRC I saw Jose (to whom I owe time & a conversation) and Irina, who brought me tea and cookie at the end of my shift even though she's up to her eyeballs in a project. Now I'm "going to sleep," or letting my eyes do the falling as I rage against the dying of the light, a procrastinating fugitive of the impending work week. On the road from Johnny Law, it ain't no trip to Cleveland ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment